Monday 12 August 2013

A Spanish Trip



I went to Spain on holiday. To a place called Cortijo Romero which is near Malaga in the south of Spain (Andalucia).




At Cortijo Romero there is a swimming pool. You can see the swimming pool in this photo. It's between the 2 palm trees and to the left of the chairs.




 
To keep my carbon footprint down, I went there and back by train. London-Paris by Eurostar. Paris-Madrid by overnight (sleeper) train. Madrid-Malaga by a high speed train. Door to door time, about 34 hours. I had dreams of lots of reading time, watching the scenery go by and enjoying the adventure....Well, I think I managed to read about 5 pages of my book.




The words in the above photo 'Proximas Salidas' means 'Approximately Salads'. This was confirmed by the meal I bought at the station for about a billion scooby doos. The trip hit an all time low in Paris where I had to use one of those south mediterraen loos which is like a hole in the ground and you have to squat. This is really difficult for me with dodgy knees. What I had to do was.....OK, I'll spare you the details.

Would I go by train again? Yes. 100 percentissimo....Down with carbon, that's wot I say.




The above pool was at the end of our walk on the Tuesday. The water comes from ice melt and is refreshingly cool. All I can say is that I used to skinny dip. Now I chunky dunk.

On the holiday I read the book 'Driving Over Lemons'. A true story about a chap and his wife who left England to live in Andalucia (near where we were staying). It's very readable and humerous in places. He is also an eco-nut so the book gets a thumbs up from me.

The teacher of the 'sort of drama' course we did was the very talented Kinny Gardner.  It was very entertaining and I learnt a good deal. One session was about sign language. Another was a mask workshop. And yet another about the art of stripping (I kid you not). Although it was a 'keep your clothes on' version. Judging by my performance, I am thinking of starting a new a business where people pay me not to strip. I think there might be mileage in that.

Here we all are at the end of the course with our clowing red noses.



A really good crowd of people. We had a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment